C&EN (Chemical & Engineering News) produces authoritative, award-winning journalism from around the world of chemistry, including recent advances in research, education, industry, funding, and regulatory policy. It is published by the American Chemical Society (ACS), the world’s largest scientific society dedicated to a single discipline, and is widely considered one of the major benefits of membership. C&EN’s weekly print magazine reaches approximately 157,000 members of ACS, and its daily website receives more than 7 million page views per year.
- Provide breaking news and analysis about the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries that is of interest to readers of C&EN.
- Identify potential feature stories about chemistry-relevant topics in the pharmaceutical and biotech industries, including stories about technology trends, important disease areas, biotech company formation and funding, and regulatory drivers.
- Conduct interviews and gather information that leads to accurate and balanced stories for all platforms.
- Construct sophisticated and complex multiplatform story packages that conform to C&EN style and meet deadlines, with a particular eye to mobile. Conceptualize and work with C&EN’s Media Production Lab team to create graphics, infographics, and other digital story forms that engage and inform audiences used to consuming their news on mobile.
- Develop contacts in the biotech business and research communities and related disciplines through attendance at industry events, email and phone interaction, and social media audience building.