CPR News expansion continues thanks to a generous grant from the Jacques M. Littlefield Foundation to grow its environmental reporting. The CPR Climate and Environment Reporter will be part of a team of three reporters and one editor covering breaking news, enterprise and solutions stories surrounding climate, water, weather and the environment. The climate team will take a solutions-based approach to environmental reporting, will dig into the research being done in Colorado and elsewhere to produce stories on how Coloradans interact with the environment. Reporters must be willing to move between storytelling platforms and produce innovative content.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Discover and develop enterprise features on climate and the environment.
- Cover breaking news related to beat.
- Experienced in covering research and data-based stories.
- Daily reporting for newscasts and digital, including monitoring and pulling relevant tape from hearings and press conferences, making calls and writing for newscasts and digital platforms.
- Develop sources and relationships with climate experts with a diversity of views, breaking important news and developments and finding a new level of depth and breadth when it comes to reporting on climate research.
- Develop sources and relationships within federal agencies that produce policy relevant to Colorado.
- Use open records to develop enterprising stories about climate-related policy and government action (or lack thereof).
- Deliver stories for digital, radio and on-demand audio as needed.